Built in 1880 by Andy Gould, this one room schoolhouse has been reconstructed as it originally was and is being used as a local museum. It is located on a wooded hill that overlooks the Beaver Creek in western Wilkes County. It received its name because it was built so long ago that not even the whippoorwills could find it. In the loft, are the paintings and drawings of “The Legend of Tom Dooley” and Dooley (Dula) memorabilia. Also in the Village are a country store, a replica of Daniel Boone’s cabin, a smokehouse and a chapel.
Closed January-March except by appointment.
Admission is free, but donations are appreciated.
For more information, call (336)973-3237 or write: Edith Carter PO Box 458 11929 Hwy 268 West Ferguson, NC 28624